1.29.2014

something that doesn't belong

I've discovered a new method to get my kids to clean up after themselves.  It goes a little something like this:

I start the game off by saying, "I see something that doesn't belong on the couch, do you?"
Two little girls then both jump and squeal and race to the couch, and put away their blanket, or their legos, or their shoe... you get the idea.

I'll do this a couple times, then ask, "what do YOU see that doesn't belong?"  They both run around the apartment and I hear little voices giggling things like, "this sock doesn't belong in the bathroom, it belongs in the laundry."

Believe it or not, it actually works for us, folks.  It gives cleaning a sort of "I Spy" vibe, and the kids dig it.  I'll report back later on whether or not the fascination sticks around.

No comments :